Saturday, March 24, 2012

I Won 2 Categories in the BU Photo Festival

I'm so excited! Bradley put on it's 1st annual photo festival. The theme was 'faces' and we could submit 3 photos total into the 3 categories: portraits, self-portraits, and animals. I chose to submit one of my photos into each category. The BU Photo Festival created a Facebook page and then had people 'like' the pictures to vote. My photos got the most votes in 2/3 categories. Thank you, again, Facebook friends! It was greatly appreciated!


This was what I submitted for the self-portrait category. I was a little disappointed that there were only 2 entries total for this category.


I submitted this photo of Diego for the animal category. I'm SUPER proud of this photograph. Why? Well, for one, I shot it in film. Yes, your girl does occasionally shoot film! I was so pleased with how this turned out. It was what I was going for, but even better! I love the composition, the blurred background, and the expression Diego was making. I mean, the theme was faces and I though this just fit.

Again, thank you so much to anybody who liked my photos! I hope next year it's not based on Facebook likes, though. I'd rather a judge compare the photographs and decide which one was the best in each category. Regardless, I will definitely enjoy my two $25 Amazon gift cards that I won.

No comments:

Post a Comment