Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Three Days Grace & Shinedown | Concert

This past Friday I went up to Moline to see Three Days Grace for the fourth time and Shinedown for the sixth time. So, yes, two of my absolute favorite bands! We got there about an hour before the doors opened and stood inside. It was SO cold that night. If I had to wait outside, I don't think I'd be able to. I'd have to go over and sit in TGIFridays or something, because that's how cold it was. It was a little unorganized once they finally did open the doors. It didn't matter how long you'd actually been in line, everyone just made a run to the doors. I managed to get pretty close and somehow worked my way all the way up to the third row by the time Three Days Grace started. It was an AMAZING show!

As most of you know by now, Adam of Three Days Grace announced that he had left the band with about 3 weeks to go until this tour kicked off. With no singer, Matt Walst of My Darkest Days filled in as lead vocals. I'm a huge fan of My Darkest Days, so I knew he'd be fine. I thought it was really cool of him to help his brother, Brad the bassist, out and make this tour happen for Three Days Grace. He actually did better than I expected, and I expected a lot! You could tell he was nervous, but can you blame him?! He got in his groove, though, and really killed it.

Shinedown was epic. They are one of the best bands to see live. If you've never seen them before, please do yourself a favor and do it! Brent, the singer, sounds amazing live and the whole band puts on a great show. Check out more of the photos from this concert on my Facebook page here.













No comments:

Post a Comment