Thursday, July 14, 2011

What Should I Wear? - Nature Setting



Previously I discussed what to wear in an urban setting. Today, I’m going to go over some options if your shoot is in a nature setting.

Soft, natural colors. When you’re selecting clothes, try to pick ones that are soft colors that you can find in nature. I usually try to avoid green, though, because we don’t want you blending into the background. That only applies during summer. Once fall hits and the colors start getting more muted, green is perfect.

Delicate, girly patterns. If you want to wear patterns, I suggest floral prints and delicate patterns. Nothing too large or overwhelming.

Jeans are always good. Bring jeans to every type of shoot! That said, I would specifically bring light to medium washes if I was shooting out in nature. It just seems to go better.

Neutrals. Yes, again, always bring neutrals. Browns and cream colors, especially. Not so much with black and grey, but those can still work. Navy is another great neutral when in a nature setting.

I hope this helped give you a better idea of the types of clothes to bring to a photoshoot in a nature setting. Another good thing to bring is bug spray!

No comments:

Post a Comment